St. Anthony of Padua
Hours per week: 10+ hours
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Planning, approving, supervising music for funerals, weddings and other liturgical celebrations
- report to and work closely with the Pastor for selecting and preparing the music associated with worship, including weekend liturgies and holy days of obligation.
- should have excellent proficiency in vocals and choir direction, and strong competency with musical accompaniment to Catholic liturgies.
- will mentor and direct the parish music groups, recruit and schedule regular choir practices; prepare annual budgets; track expenses and recommend opportunities for the parish to witness to the faith through music.
- will ensure that all aspects of music follow the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, using all available resources to achieve this.
- Minimum level of Education – Bachelor’s degree in Music
Minimum amount of Work Experience
- Years of related work experience – 5 years
- Area of related work experience – 5 years
- Excellent vocal skills as well as the ability to prepare cantors for mass.
- 5 years of experience working with both adult and youth choirs.
- Proficiency in playing organ and piano is helpful, but not required.
- Practicing Roman Catholic, faithful to church teachings -preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Music; or Fine Arts, with an emphasis in Music
- Master of Music or Art with an emphasis in Music - preferred 5 yrs.
- Experience as either a Director of Music or an Assistant Director of Music - preferred
Welcome to St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church!
We are a parish of over 1000 families from diverse areas of the world, and we offer numerous opportunities for spiritual growth and Christian formation. If you are new to our parish or would like to visit one of our weekend celebrations, please view the mass schedule for detailed mass times and locations.
At St. Anthony, because of our proximity to Ft. Bragg and Pope Air Force Base, we are fortunate to serve many military families. We also have the blessing of a Spanish Mass each Sunday to accommodate our large population of Hispanic parishioners, with whom we have many opportunities to worship and serve.
St. John Paul II is our parish school, located at 2922 Camp Easter Road, three miles from our parish church.
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org