Full Time, 40 Hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Promote and support the overall strategic direction and vision for Marriage and Family Life Ministries for all age groups and diocesan programs.
- Exhibit a high degree of multicultural competency and ability to resource and support parish leaders from diverse communities and parish settings.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate all English and Spanish marriage preparation programs ensuring that existing programs are consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church and meet the current needs of parish leaders.
- Supervise diocesan Married Life Coordinators to recruit, educate, evaluate, and enrich a pool of volunteers for marriage preparation and a NFP Resource Team.
- Provide opportunities for the professional and theological growth of those involved in diocesan- and parish-based marriage and family ministry, including: ongoing education for clergy and laity, NFP instructors, parish marriage and family life advocates, etc.
- Design and implement various educational programs and presentations that promote an authentic Catholic vision of marriage, human sexuality, and family life, particularly the Theology of the Body (e.g., parish speaking engagements, workshops, conferences, events, etc.)
- Serve as the Diocesan liaison to marriage and family life ministries and organizations.
- Review, evaluate, maintain, and disseminate resources and information pertinent to the mission of the position. This duty will be in collaboration with the diocesan catechetical staff member and diocesan youth ministry staff member towards assisting parents to be the primary educators in the formation of the Faith of their children.
- Collaborate with Catholic Charities, Church agencies, and other therapeutic agencies for referrals to marriage and family for bereavement and/or critical life situations.
- Remain current in the areas of theology and catechetics, and study the documents of the Catholic Church, specifically the Catechism of the Catholic Church, papal encyclicals and exhortations, and documents of the USCCB on issues pertinent to the mission of the position.
- Provide parenting resources to parishes to support and minister to young families; including opportunities for outreach.
- Assist parishes in providing resources for Baptism preparation and support.
- Adhere to all Safe Environment Programs.
- May be given various other assignments and projects consistent with the responsibility level and general duties of an Associate Director.
- Minimum level of Education: Master's Degree in Theology/ Pastoral Ministry/ Religious Education or related field
- Minimum amount of Work Experience: Five years of ministry experience related to faith formation, including experience in a parish setting
- Three years of experience managing staff
- Demonstration of authentic witness to the faith who represents the teaching of the Catholic Church with enthusiasm, integrity, and compassion
- Practicing Catholic in good standing fully committed to, and with advanced knowledge of, the mission and tenets of the Catholic Church
- Depth in understanding of evangelization and the thresholds of conversion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Some travel, evening, and weekend work required. Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation
- Eight years of ministry experience related to marriage and family ministry
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- A graduate from The John Paul II Pontifical Theological Institute for Marriage and Family
Supervises: Ministry Staff members
Position Start Date: Immediately
Send resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org