The Franciscan School, Raleigh
Full time, 40 hours per week
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Instruct students in visual arts (to include ceramics, charcoal drawing, oil pastels, and others)
- Integrate technology into art classes
- Ability to tie together lessons within each grade and build upon those lessons in subsequent years
- Organize the annual Franciscan School Art show
- Candidates must have NC teaching licensure or be able to obtain NC teaching licensure
- Successfully complete Diocesan background check
- Preferred candidates will have teaching experience in art, and experience working with outside agencies to enhance an art program
The Franciscan School (K – 8th grade) is part of the Education Ministry of the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi Parish. The school, established in 2000, is rooted in the Franciscan tradition and provides a learning environment that embraces the gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith.
Position Start Date: August 2018
If you are interested in joining a dynamic educational environment working with dedicated professionals to provide an academically challenging experience for our students, please send a cover letter that includes your educational philosophy and resume by May 11th to: firstname.lastname@example.org.