The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Office of the Bishop and the Office of Vocations with a high degree of professionalism in a fast-paced environment that involves interaction with a wide range of individuals.
- Provides administrative support for the Office of Vocations including drafting letters of correspondence, responding to phone calls, processing mail, planning of annual events and creating and maintaining comprehensive files on seminarians and previous applicants.
- Works closely with the seminarians and applicants on various issues including insurance, check request, travel arrangements and correspondence between the seminary and the diocese.
- Coordinates annual events for the Office of Vocations including liturgical celebrations, retreats and discernment gatherings.
- Assists the Office of the Bishop with large volume mailings, correspondence, event planning and day-to-day operations when necessary.
- High School diploma and three years of administrative/office experience in a fast-paced, professional setting
- Fluency in Spanish, reading and writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, speak effectively and interact professionally with others
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze written communications, materials and other data
- Exceptional writing skills including the ability to draft letters and memos in a clear, concise and succinct manner utilizing the rules of composition and grammar of the English language
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage a large volume of information with an affinity for attention to detail
- Superior ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines according to timeframes established
- Ability to exercise sound and appropriate professional judgment, ensure confidentiality of all information and exercise flexibility
- Highly proficient in knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database and mass mail publication software
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.