St. Mark Catholic School, Wilmington, NC
Hours per week: 40
Key responsibilities / day-to-day job functions
- Ideal candidates should be skilled in the use of research-based best practices in order to effectively engage all 4th grade students in a challenging and rigorous learning environment where student academic growth and achievement is maximized.
- Teach religion to 4th grade students
- Record attendance, grades, etc. in school data base
- Bachelor's degree in Education
- Hold a current K - 6 Elementary Education North Carolina Teaching License, or an equivalent out-of-state license
Have at least three years of successful teaching experience in an elementary
- Candidate should have their basic catechist certification or be willing to works towards obtaining certification
Understand the content, create cross-curricular connections, and design
instructional plans that include higher order thinking skills and acquisition of
deeper content knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to provide a differentiated instructional environment that incorporates a wide range of instructional strategies, including cooperative and project based learning, independent and small group activities with hands-on learning experiences.
Incorporate the seamless integration of technology and naturally infuse 21st
Century skills in lessons that support the school's instructional program and
- Willingness to contribute to a positive, Catholic school culture and participate in school activities beyond the classroom
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and professional learning to support the students and mission of St. Mark Catholic School
St. Mark Catholic School is a PreK – 8th coeducational school with approximately 500 students.
Position Start Date: 08/16/2018
Send resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com